Groundwork Services (Durham) Ltd have a new opportunity for a Health and Safety Lead.
Tasks to be responsible for undertaking
· As QHSE Lead you will be directly responsible for maintenance, development and continual improvement of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems (9001, 14001, 45001). i.e. Certification. Assist the leadership team to develop, manage and monitor QHSE performance of the company
· Support in creating a Health & Safety and Environmental culture, based upon continuous evaluation, auditing and improvement.
· Undertake internal QHSE inspections
· Prepare, & review Safe systems of work i.e. risk assessments.
· Undertake investigations of H&S Incidents/Accidents and environmental incidents.
· Ensure supplier, contractor and customer HSE requirements are fully understood and are met within given contracts.
· Undertake HSE Inductions, toolbox talks and raise HSE awareness.
· Auditing working practices, looking out for any unsafe behaviour or breaks in regulations
· Coordinate Health and Safety meetings
· Coordinate and manage the training courses for employees
· Presenting safety principles to staff via meetings, distribution of tool box talks
· Liaise with external Health & Safety and Environmental authorities.
· Ensure business compliance with current Health & Safety and Environmental legislation & regulations.
· Progress non-conformances; identifying root cause, corrective & preventive actions
· Support in the investigation of health-related complaints and cases of ill health.
· Support the External Audit Team.
Qualifications and Experience (preferable):
· Internal Auditor and ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 desirable.
· Recognised Health and Safety qualifications (NEBOSH or equivalent). Certificate as a minimum, diploma ideally
· Experience in Environmental Management.
· Previous HS&E experience within a Construction based environment.
· Degree or HNC level in either a safety or engineering discipline.
Personal skills required:
· Proactive, able to work autonomously within tight timescales managing multi-disciplined projects/tasks.
· Computer literate, with good communication skills both written and verbal
· Proven ability to manage people and a good track record of people development
· Ability to see tasks through to completion
· Strong problem solver with a solution orientated approach
Groundwork Services (Durham) Ltd fully supports Equality and Diversity in Employment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £42,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Driving Licence (preferred)